Cobra Compeition presentation

Share your photo's of meetings/events here.

Cobra Compeition presentation

Postby Street King » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 am

Cobra Competition presentation was a huge succes,a lot of people where interested in the Factory Five Challenge Car.
People could sign up to drive along as a passenger in the Challenge Car, there even was a 1,5 hour window to have kids ride along in the Challenge Car.
The event was a great succes for the start of Cobra Competition.
Below you find a couple of photo's, more photo's and video's coming soon!

Our customer John v/d K. (nickname on the forum: Naja Haje)

Luchbrake time and checking the vehicle:

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Marco Bouwhuis
Hammink Performance
Technical Support
Zwolseweg 53A
7707 AB Balkbrug
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)523 657 770
E-mail: marco@hamminkperformance.nl
Image Image Image Image Image Image

"Money cannot buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Cobra than on a bicycle"
Street King
Site Admin

Re: Cobra Compeition presentation

Postby Street King » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 am

Proffesional racing driver Danny van Dongen rides along in the challenge car;
afterwords he claims the car has a lot of potential!

Freek Hammink:

Jan Hammink:

Marco Bouwhuis:

Edwin Molenaar of Cobra Competition:

Jasper Hammink:

The Cobra Competition crew:

Marco Bouwhuis
Hammink Performance
Technical Support
Zwolseweg 53A
7707 AB Balkbrug
The Netherlands

"Money cannot buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Cobra than on a bicycle"
Street King
Site Admin

Postby Naja Haje » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 am

Hi there,

Just a short impression from the day. When I received the invitation I thought, no way am I going to drive 550 km up and 550 km back just for a team presentation. When I checked more close into what the Cobra Competition really is, I started to change my mind. With pressure from daughter Sabine and her friend Geert, I decided to go and check out what the Hamminks are into this time :D, leaving at 5:00 pm from France, picked up Sabine and Geert around 9:00 in Amersfoort neighborhood (yes I drove too fast :mrgreen: ) and arrived at Zandvoort racetrack between 10 and 10:30. At this time the weather wasn't promising good stuff!! But all cleared up in the following hour, unbelievable so much people coming out to see their favorite racecar and team. I must say that Hammink impressed me once again with a warm welcome in Pit box 19, which was turned in to a serious hospitality unit!! The first thing they asked me, would you like to take a ride in our Factory Five Challenge Car with no one less than the well-known Dutch driver Edwin Molenaar ?? YESSS. Challenge car looks beautiful with the dark grey trim, the sound of the Ford Racing Coyote 412 BHP engine give your skin enormous goose bumps, just no words....
It was my turn around 11:00, after they strapped me down with the Simpson belts and checked my helmet off we went. Leaving the pits into the first right-hander, full acceleration to pick up as much speed possible.....this is really insane!! Scotched to the back off the Kirkey race seat in to the first corner, the corner speed is so high I didn’t think we would make it. Overtaking about all the cars in the field in corners and coming out of them with the superb acceleration off the Coyote engine. This was an unforgettable experience, and I would like to thank the Hammink crew and Edwin for creating this opportunity. I’m convinced that this package ( FFR MK4 challenge Car-Coyote engine) will give spectators the action they want to see, back to close racing with equal equipment and let the best driver win!! Can’t wait to visit the first race with 12 of these supercars on the track.
____________________________________________________________________________________
There is nothing nice about a Cobra. It's stripped down to the essentials, a big engine, a small car, and four wide tires to keep the whole business on the pavement. It's loud, smells like gasoline, and shakes, shudders, bucks and does not do SLOW very well. It makes your arms tired and your feet hot. You nearly crash about once every 10 minutes. It's so damn wonderful that you can't believe it.
Naja Haje
King Poster

Postby Street King » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 pm

We love to hear from passionate guys like you, thanks for the support! :mrgreen:

Here are 2 video's that we made of the day:

Marco Bouwhuis
Hammink Performance
Technical Support
Zwolseweg 53A
7707 AB Balkbrug
The Netherlands

Street King
Site Admin

Return to Photo Albums